You can keep your shoes in shape for many years by keeping in mind the following easy steps.
- When you have a brand new pair of shoes, make sure you spray it with waterproof protector to keep the surface from getting ruined when it gets wet in the rain.
- Make sure you give your shoes time to breathe between wearing them again. Alternate pairs if you can.
- Protect your shoes against perspiration because this erodes the insoles. Wear hose or sock liners every time.
- Using shoe trees help retain the shoe’s shape. Use ones that are made of cedar as this can absorb moisture better.
- Don’t forget to clean the insides of your shoes as well especially if odor is a problem. Swab them with alcohol or a drop of tea tree oil, an antifungal agent.